Ministerio de damas de la Iglesia de Pentecostes. Visitanos en www.iglesiadepentecostes.com

jueves, 16 de octubre de 2014

His Yoke

His Yoke

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou has covered me in my mothers womb"  Psalms 139:13

Each of its struggle with perfectionism in different areas. Some may aim for perfect looks, others perfect marriages, or the perfect job, ect. We have an "IDEA" of what we should be, and what we want to be one day. We our bound in our mind to this image of what we see as right for our lives. Many times we are bound to a yoke that is not from God.

Our thoughts on womanhood have been shaped by culture, media, relationships, co-workers, television, music, our mother, and grandmothers. As women we analyze the women around us on a daily basis and compare ourselves [personalities, figures, abilities, lifestyle, education, children, strengths and weaknesses] to women we may never even know by name. We judge them according to the standard of perfectionism we ourselves are trying to live up to.

Without realizing it our steps have become heavy and the yoke is at times unbearable.
1. We must die to our expectations (or the ones we have allowed others to put upon us).
2. We must accept His yoke! His yoke is easy, and His burden is light. (Matt11:30)

IICorinthians 10:12 tells us that comparing ourselves and measuring ourselves with one another is not wise. Instead, my expectations, my life, and my fruit must be measured and compared to God’s word.

When I study his word regularly (daily):
1. I come to KNOW the heart and thoughts of Jesus.
2. As I UNDERSTAND his heart and thoughts I become aware of my own strengths and weaknesses.
3. His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. We must be willing to let go of our "ideas" and search the scripture for His ideas. This is how we "let his mind be in us". I want and need to see my life and myself through His eyes!

God has thoughts towards you and His thoughts are probably very different from the thoughts you have toward yourself. He made you, formed you, and equipped you for the expectations he has for you. He has given you and expected end.

Friend, if you're steps are heavy and the pressures you feel are more than you can bare - more than likely, you are not walking under his yoke or carrying the burdens he has for you. He will never put more on you than you can bare.

Psalms 23:5 says "in the presence of mine enemies you anoint my head with oil, my cup runneth over"

When you are in the presence of your enemies your cup will "run over" but with what? HIS JOY or MY ANXIETY? HIS PEACE or MY ANGER?

To fix myself I must aim for perfection on my own strength, but to allow God to fix me I must become weak and surrender my thoughts to his expectations of me and for me.

If you will take His yoke upon you and learn of his ways - His thoughts (through His word) you will begin to see life through His promises and live for His pleasure. Let him possess your reins and be your guide.

Come to me all you that labor and are heavy laden, I will give you rest! Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart and the shall find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Matt. 11:28-30)

Read Isaiah 58:9-12 to see what God desires for your life when your remove the yoke from your midst [or you could say from your heart]. His expectations for your life are far greater than you could imagine.

Focused Prayer: His Mind in US and
His thoughts towards US.

Coffee Club | October 2014
Notes | Rhona Rubio