Ministerio de damas de la Iglesia de Pentecostes. Visitanos en www.iglesiadepentecostes.com

martes, 4 de junio de 2013

"In Touch" The Busyness of Life

Here it is our first Mujer Real "In Touch" Discussion! This is a bible study with Cindy Miller titled, "The Busyness of Life"

Step 1: Video
Step 2: Read, Think, Respond

April Bible Study with Cindy Miller
“And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:41-42 (KJV)

Martha focused on the wrong thing.
She was so busy doing things for the Savior that she forgot to spend time with the Savior. Do you equate business and serving to your relationship with God?
Martha started well, but she hit a downward spiral.
Taking care of people is a good thing, but Martha got fed up along the way and tattled on her own sister. Sometimes our busy, modern world leads us to feel unappreciated and overlooked.

WARNING FLAGS should go up when we start to feel sorry for ourselves. Emotions can lie to us. Feeling something doesn't automatically make it true.
Have you lost your joy in something? Is there a ministry you are involved in that makes you dread going to church?
What are our motives?
Sometimes we work in the kitchen so that we'll be noticed. We want people to see how necessary and useful we are to the kingdom of God. It's no longer a labor of love, it's just work. Sometimes you really can't do it all.

Let Jesus help you get a new perspective.
A relationship with Him is the most important, lasting thing. Knowing who you are NOT is just as important as knowing who you ARE.

Ask yourself some "Martha" questions:
Do I resent it when people don't notice how hard I'm working in the church? Do I ever get self-righteous in my own spiritual accomplishments?


Am I so busy working for God that I never spend time with God?
What are some things I'm involved in that I no longer have a heart for?

Are there any areas that I feel called to pursue, but I can't because I'm involved in too many other things? 
Do I think God is unable to fill a position if I were to leave it?
What are some things of God that I feel joy in, like He's breathed fresh air into my soul?
If I let go of few things that make me resentful, how can I better spend time with Him?

©Cindy Miller, adapted from Lets Talk 

Lets talk about it!!! 
Feel Free To Leave Comments!